• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Here is my story. I need help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter thomasb9511
  • Start date Start date
T

thomasb9511

Junior member
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1
Don't judge me because of my dental habits or lack of. I hope for open arms.
I have a case of depression, I need help with it also, that causes me to feel like little things are the end. I sit here crying.
I have teeth issues and due to some horrific experiences with my previous dentist, I stopped going to him 3 years ago.
I ended up due to my problem, neglecting my teeth, now I have bleeding gums when I started to brush again and I have a spot where a filling fell out.
Novacaine does nothing on me and my previous dentist stuck me with it and then proceeded to drill away at my teeth to fill a cavity and when he hit a nerve my head started shaking and he told me to stop it and I couldn't say or do anything about it.
I am trying to find a new dentist.
I found a couple that seem promising, I reached out to them. Problem is I have no insurance, I have no job and not in school yet. Medicaid is not cooperating with my situation. I live with my mother who is veteran and gets disability benefits. That alone can't afford normal healthcare but Medicaid has covered me in the past but they don't see my situation now.
 
I really feel for you, similar situation with myself, only I am going on 10 years with no dental checkups. The only thing I can offer you is even though you have alot of things in your way, don't let it stop you from doing what you're doing, I also have depression, anxiety and adjustment disorder so I understand how you feel. Don't let it get to the point I am at, keep pushing on. I hope in the end it works out for you I really do.
 
Hi, I really don't know about insurance cover etc as we don't have it where I am from and I hope you can get the help you need, I just wanted you to know I had read your story and although I can't offer an advice I am sure someone will have some answers to help you as there are lots of people familiar with Medicaid but I do want you to know that on this site you will not be judged, ever! And we are good listeners too :) I wish you all the best, you are not alone.
D.J:whirl:
 
Back
Top