P
Pippa
Well-known member
- Joined
- May 2, 2011
- Messages
- 138
I had my appointment for the cleaning 2 days ago, it went OK.
Now I need to have yet another tooth out at the top, and a new set made to fill all the gaps.For this the dentist tells me he will need to shave off the remaining teeth ( 4 or 5 ) to be able to fit crowns on them to hold the new teeth in. They will be removable ones . I really do not like the idea of the teeth being made into stumps. Has anyone had this done? Is it painful and does it take long.
I wish there was an alternative ( he told me implants wont work for me )
Hoping to hear from anyone who had this done.Thanks.
Now I need to have yet another tooth out at the top, and a new set made to fill all the gaps.For this the dentist tells me he will need to shave off the remaining teeth ( 4 or 5 ) to be able to fit crowns on them to hold the new teeth in. They will be removable ones . I really do not like the idea of the teeth being made into stumps. Has anyone had this done? Is it painful and does it take long.
I wish there was an alternative ( he told me implants wont work for me )
Hoping to hear from anyone who had this done.Thanks.


Sounds a bit similar to what my mom had though. With her if I remember correctly either all or only the bottom teeth were "shaved off" and then she got permanent crown-bridge on top of them. She had it done about 8 years ago and she is fine. But not sure this is the same case.