• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How is front teeth decay treated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter run!
  • Start date Start date
R

run!

Junior member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
3
The edges between my front 2 of my upper front teeth and 3 of my bottom teeth all have varying degrees of decay (I think). The worst is black an probably is full on decay (a bit sensitive to floss, sometimes bleeds) and the 'best' is a yellow-browning.

Also, are the thin black lines on the top of molars cracks/cavities?

Cheers :D
 
I had the same black lines on my teeth and they were gone after a cleaning. I did have to get fillings in those teeth, but I thought they were in much worse shape before the cleaning.
 
^ Oh ok thanks...yeah I've got cavities there too...

Another question ;D

Is it ok to use two mouthwashes? I've got a Listerine one which has alcohol (the original version, green, and supposed to reduce plaque + gingivitis by 50%) and an Oral-B alcohol free one which has sodium fluoride.
 
there are some on here that would say using any mouthwash is bad as it kills good bacteria along with the bad

I myself dont use mouthwash - only the Peridex that I was given after my extractions (which i used for 2 weeks) .. I just brush and floss daily
 
There's been some research, although debated, about long term use of Listerine linked to oral cancer, especially if you smoke, because of the high alcohol content. My dentist recommends alcohol free mouth wash.

rp
 
Mouthwash with tea tree oil in it, is supposed to be great! :)
 
Back
Top