• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

how long after wisdom tooth removal can you eat normally?

Freyja

Freyja

My dentist never really explained this well to me and would only seem to talk about the first 24 hours..

It has been 4 days since my wisdom tooth and a molar was removed and I have no idea when I can start going back to a normal diet, exercise and wash mouth with mouth wash and so on, I have been looking online for answers but is seems that there are different answers all over the place and it makes me incredibly nervous not knowing what I can or shouldn't still be doing..

Hi Freyja,

After 4 days it is perfectly safe to chew, sport and maintain oral hygiene normally again.
the extraction area might be tender to touch so if you feel discomfort with chewing you can be gentle but there are zero chances for future complications due to the extraction.

thank you for the reply Dr. Daniel

I have started eating a bit more on my normal diet and feel pretty good after it now. Your comment helped me a lot with the confidence to do that..
i am still very nervous about exercising though, I usually go for a hour run every morning and worried if I do that, something will go wrong.
Do you think say a week after wisdom teeth removal that I would be okay to continue doing that? I have dissolvable stitches in that are and don't want to cause any harm there but also I am getting so antsy not being able to exercise

I assume you might feel palpitation from the area and maybe not. Just be attentive to your body.

All an all it is safe to exercise.

Back