• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

how long does it take an infected tooth to turn into an abcess? getting removed next month just worr

• Thread starter Mommaof3beautifulbabies
  • Start date
M

Mommaof3beautifulbabies

how long does it take an infected tooth to turn into an abcess? getting removed next month just worr

scared and worried about my #30 tooth is broken off on one side its been infected for awhile just worried it will abcess before next month and ive been on five coures of antibotics for it not know and infected tooth and abcessed are two different things now im worried ifit does abcess the antibotics wont work and ill die? any Advice???

Re: how long does it take an infected tooth to turn into an abcess? getting removed next month just

First of all, you're not going to die! An abscess *is* an infection - but it's super unlikely to kill you. It's very rare for the infection to become life-threatening, and if it did, you would know to get to a hospital because you'd feel really sick. It's not as though any tooth infection could cause you to suddenly drop dead.

I'm sure you'll be fine until you have taken out. I had reoccurring infections for years, and I'm still here. Please don't panic. :)

Re: how long does it take an infected tooth to turn into an abcess? getting removed next month just

Just to reassure you, I've had an active abscess - in the same tooth actually - going on two years now. I'm not suggesting by any means you delay extraction as I have - but as Sevena said, it is highly unlikely to be fatal - especially in the span of a month or so having been on antibiotics. Good for you for taking the necessary steps to get it treated. Hang in a little longer - relief is on the way! Good luck to you.

Back