• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I am desperate . My 3 month old filling hurts when I chew

A

Alexistired

I’ve had this issue with another tooth before and now it’s back . But on another tooth . I am desperate . I feel like something is constantly happening and my mouth will never be healthy .

My deep filling (I got it back in august ) hurts when I chew . It was always sensitive but now it’s gotten a bit worse . Its sensitive to hot and cold as well . Of course I requested a visit , and my dentist took different X rays and scanned my tooth and said nothing was visibly wrong with it and maybe needs more time to adjust . But it’s not getting better . She tried leveling it up with no success btw . Also before I stepped foot inside the dentist‘s office this tooth was not hurting at all and the dentist decided to redo the filling just because IT WAS OLD and to protect the nerve but it’s only done more damage than anything

I am so tired . I’m gonna see my dentist soon . What could be wrong with it ?

Also I have sensitivity to hot and cold on every tooth . They said it’s because me enamel is worn out

I am going through the EXACT same thing! I'm so frustrated ?

Apparently literally everyone is going through the same thing ?

I just paid $60 for them to take more xrays and reshape my tooth because my bite was off and that could have been the reason for the pain. I can't keep paying for them to "trial and error " their way to find what's wrong. I feel like they should be able to know what's wrong, and not just jump to a root canal. We didnt have these problems before the fillings. And why weren't we told we could be in pain after fillings.

I think we should make that a FAQ! Will get onto it right now...

Apparently literally everyone is going through the same thing ?

I think it's more likely that when people do a Google search for this thing, they stumble across our forum ?. Yes, it can happen occasionally, but it's not super common as these threads would suggest...

I absolutely feel the same way , I payed for three x rays , my tooth wasn’t hurting before my dentist replaced the filling. My tooth was fine and I was definitely not having symptoms of irreversible pulpitis or anything . I’m so mad

Thank you . I guess it’s super common for me since this is the third tooth with the issue

Thank you . So you’re suggesting it might be a bonding issue ? Although this person wasn’t really feeling discomfort or pain when chewing and we do . Both me and the other person who wrote the thread . What are the symptoms a tooth could be in danger ? Or that the nerve is inflamed / infected ? I will be back to the dentist soon. But thank you for your suggestion . I had this similar issue on another tooth and it was bonding failure but it was also due to the fact they had left cavities inside. I’m concerned for that reason too

Thank you . So you’re suggesting it might be a bonding issue ? Although this person wasn’t really feeling discomfort or pain when chewing and we do . Both me and the other person who wrote the thread . What are the symptoms a tooth could be in danger ? Or that the nerve is inflamed / infected ? I will be back to the dentist soon. But thank you for your suggestion . I had this similar issue on another tooth and it was bonding failure but it was also due to the fact they had left cavities inside. I’m concerned for that reason too

I'm the person from that post. I'm fairly certain that if my filling were on the biting surface of my tooth that I would be feeling pain when I chew, in fact, I do feel some pain and discomfort when I chew, it's just not as bad as the sensitivity.

Ah ok thank you for explaining . I do feel pain and discomfort but also sensitivity . I would say it’s a 6 or 7 out of 10

I keep feeling pain daily. Haven't been back yet. It does hurt more when I chew on it, or chew gum. I think my next step is finding a 2nd dentist's opinion. I hope it's something easy they can fix. :( I'm so frustrated with the idea of going back to the dentist who I've been seeing and telling them about it, and them just saying I need a root canal, because I full heartedly don't believe that's the problem.

I'm actually MAYBE going to see the same dentist and ask them to reshape some more.

Back