S
swampiesue
Well-known member
- Joined
- Aug 10, 2009
- Messages
- 300
Hi to those of you who are familiar with my problems over the past year or so.. here is an update and a couple of questions.
I attended the Eastman Hospital yesterday after many months of waiting. Everyone there was very nice and made me feel at ease straight away. After a very short wait I was seen by a very nice lady consultant, who examined me and sent me for some X rays. It was not long before I went back into see the consultant again and here is was was said,
Firstly I have, as I suspected developed TMJ probably caused by the high bridge and the problems with the filing down of my teeth. My lack of being able to find a comfortable bite position has caused me to over work the joint. So I need to have a hard splint made and need to wear it for about 6 months before even attempting a new bridge. After this, once I have found a regular bite position my dentist should be able to redo the bridge, however more tooth needs to be removed in order to prepare the teeth to be able to except the bridge with the correct amount of Porcelain. Which is why the bridge was to high before. Also I will need to wear a temp bridge again for a while to make sure it is comfortable and to ensure the nerves in my teeth are going to recover as they still seem to be a bit erratic. My other bridge that was lowered should be able to stay, as once the other bridge is done and holds my teeth stable my teeth won't slide around so much on that bridge either.
I may also need to have my lower gold crown removed and redone as it looks like the pain I have been experiencing in that lower gold crown may have a third root that may have been missed back in 1995. Not sure why it has started playing up now though
My questions are, there is no way I can afford to go private for the RCT how complicated is it to do a third root RC after all this time
Also can anyone tell me more about the type of splint I am likley to need and how exactly do they work and do they work
I must confess I am more than little disappointed I am not able to have all this done at the hospital as I was told.
Thanks for all the support to those of you who have helped me over this crisis over the past year or so, and it looks like my saga still goes on![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
I attended the Eastman Hospital yesterday after many months of waiting. Everyone there was very nice and made me feel at ease straight away. After a very short wait I was seen by a very nice lady consultant, who examined me and sent me for some X rays. It was not long before I went back into see the consultant again and here is was was said,
Firstly I have, as I suspected developed TMJ probably caused by the high bridge and the problems with the filing down of my teeth. My lack of being able to find a comfortable bite position has caused me to over work the joint. So I need to have a hard splint made and need to wear it for about 6 months before even attempting a new bridge. After this, once I have found a regular bite position my dentist should be able to redo the bridge, however more tooth needs to be removed in order to prepare the teeth to be able to except the bridge with the correct amount of Porcelain. Which is why the bridge was to high before. Also I will need to wear a temp bridge again for a while to make sure it is comfortable and to ensure the nerves in my teeth are going to recover as they still seem to be a bit erratic. My other bridge that was lowered should be able to stay, as once the other bridge is done and holds my teeth stable my teeth won't slide around so much on that bridge either.
I may also need to have my lower gold crown removed and redone as it looks like the pain I have been experiencing in that lower gold crown may have a third root that may have been missed back in 1995. Not sure why it has started playing up now though

My questions are, there is no way I can afford to go private for the RCT how complicated is it to do a third root RC after all this time

Also can anyone tell me more about the type of splint I am likley to need and how exactly do they work and do they work

I must confess I am more than little disappointed I am not able to have all this done at the hospital as I was told.
Thanks for all the support to those of you who have helped me over this crisis over the past year or so, and it looks like my saga still goes on
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
Last edited:
looks like I will just have to hold on to the tooth as long as possible and have it extracted if it gets really bad
Think I will ask some of the dentists some advice on here about the tooth....

) It's only the top bods that get those sort of pensions, but one that takes us over the threshold for getting help. 