Hi there, I recently had teeth pulled and immediate dentures placed. I am around 4 weeks, actually, nearer 5 weeks since the procedure. So I am quite far ahead of you in this.
Let me first tell you, it gets easier. Don't lose hope!
I have a journal here on the forum. It might be helpful for you to read that. I tried to be as detailed and honest as possible.
From my experience, absolutely forget about eating anything that is not soft. For at least the first 2 weeks. I think I was nearer to around 3 weeks before I could manage anything. The gums are just too tender and raw at this point.
I had to return to the dentist for adjustments because of sore spots. It's all part of the journey and it's totally normal.
The first couple of weeks I'm eating nothing but noodles, soup with bread for dipping, scrambled eggs, omelette. Things that are easy and soft. Arguably a bit boring, but soft
At 3 weeks things are settling down a bit. I began experimenting with biting, and found it to be sore still on the gums, particularly at the front. Not ready for biting anything with much substantial bite force required, yet.
At 4 weeks I'm trying to introduce foods that I might be able to eat. I tried a cheese sandwich, a little butter and cheese. Just bread and cheese. Tried a bite, nope. But chewing feels better. Less gum ache. Tried another bite, this time I'm pushing in, toward the top denture with my top lip. You can also gently press your finger on the top lip. This action helps prevent the top denture lifting at the back as you bite. Now, this technique isn't flawless, nor is it easy. But with practice it works.
Some bone shards work their way out of my gums at this point. That explains why upper left canine area was still looking and feeling worse than the rest. It settles down in a few days.
Week 5+ I'm eating a lot easier now. I can eat harder foods again because things have healed up a whole lot better. Not fully healed yet but things feel a lot better. I bought some cashews and was able to eat them. I tried to eat a pizza, properly by biting. It went very well (previous week I had a pizza but couldn't bite I had to use a knife and fork)
Things get easier but in the beginning it's difficult. I'll help if I can. Read my journal as I mentioned, it might help you.
Edit: I must add that I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube about dentures and wearing dentures. I found a man that was extremely helpful to me. He has a channel named "Dentures Vs Food" and his lessons are some of the best I've found.
A lot of other channels don't explain things like he does. They are more about the cosmetics of the situation and how good the smile looks. This guy actually explains technique and helps you learn how to eat more efficiently with dentures.