I
implants14273
Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2016
- Messages
- 21
I'm literally losing sleep over this. I've had EXTENSIVE dental work done over the past few years and this will be the last chunk of it, but I have to get 3 root canals done in one appointment on 3 of my 4 bottom capped front teeth (I could be wrong, but I believe they're teeth #25,26,27?)
I had a root canal done on my 4th bottom tooth about 4 years ago and can't remember having any issues from it at all, but I'm still terrified. I'm not afraid pain, drills, shots or needles, I'm actually phobic of gagging therefore I hate having too many fingers/instruments around my mouth as well as keeping my mouth open for an extended amount of time. I'm also worried about the dental dam, I hate things that obstruct my mouth.
I feel like throwing up just thinking about this procedure.
I haven't met the endo yet, but he has almost all 5 star reviews online. He's apparently very patient, precise, and understanding, but I'm still so nervous. My appointment is at 8:45 AM, which makes matters even worse
I didn't even know it was possible to do three root canals in one sitting.
I would love any advice on what to expect or how to cope. I'm counting down the days to this procedure in the worst way possible, I'm absolutely dreading it. I don't have any anti-anxiety meds (they calm my body slightly but not my mind) and I'm not opting for conscious sedation, I save that for the big stuff (like multiple extractions or implants).
Thanks in advance
I had a root canal done on my 4th bottom tooth about 4 years ago and can't remember having any issues from it at all, but I'm still terrified. I'm not afraid pain, drills, shots or needles, I'm actually phobic of gagging therefore I hate having too many fingers/instruments around my mouth as well as keeping my mouth open for an extended amount of time. I'm also worried about the dental dam, I hate things that obstruct my mouth.
I feel like throwing up just thinking about this procedure.
I haven't met the endo yet, but he has almost all 5 star reviews online. He's apparently very patient, precise, and understanding, but I'm still so nervous. My appointment is at 8:45 AM, which makes matters even worse

I didn't even know it was possible to do three root canals in one sitting.
I would love any advice on what to expect or how to cope. I'm counting down the days to this procedure in the worst way possible, I'm absolutely dreading it. I don't have any anti-anxiety meds (they calm my body slightly but not my mind) and I'm not opting for conscious sedation, I save that for the big stuff (like multiple extractions or implants).
Thanks in advance


