• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I need help ASAP!!!

C

CristineMorales

I'm 19 and I need serious help. My teeth have been slightly wobbly the past 2 or 3 days! I need help. I have been assured that I could possibly have gingivitis. But does gingivitis cause loose teeth? I have been flossing and brushing once I was alarmed if my teeth. And ive used the salt water rinse. Can someone just please help me now?! Any recommendations of what to use? How to prevent or reverse any other conditions?

Hi there, I am afraid that the only person who can really help you is a dentist. Do you have one?
Gingivitis doesn't cause loose teeth, it is just a sign that you need to gently raise care in those areas or need a cleaning. In fact, teeth are slightly loose all the time so that they can deal with the force being put on them when we chew or bite food.

Thank you so much for replying! I do have a dentist and I'm trying to book an appointment at the moment. Do you know any ways on how to tighten up my teeth? I need serious help.

Sorry, there is no way to tighten your teeth on yourself, teeth are a bit more complex than they may look like. The important first part is to get a dentist have a look and tell you whether there is the need to worry ( you wouldn't believe how many people freak up because of getting aware of that slight movement that is normal and natural ) or whether there is anything that needs to get done ( and if there is then you will need a dentist, no way to solve such issues at home). Generally speaking, it is really unlikely to get wobbly teeth out of sudden and at your age. As I said before, teeth are slightly wobbly all the time, they are not grown to the bone, but are more hanging there so if you push against them, they will move. So just keep on brushing and flossing well and try to get a dental appointment to find out what is going on. Hope you will be able to book soon. Is this the first time you worry this way about your teeth?

ChristineMorales,

I don't have an answer either other than I second Enarete to go see a dentist just to give yourself a little more peace and options. I know it is a huge temptation so to say to get anxious , worry about certain things, then google and youtube and get more worried.. I encourage you not to do this. but proactively seek a dentist to give you answers. Wishing the best for you!