hawky
Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 31
- Location
- Connecticut
I need opinions--anesthetics
Hello there. I'm new to posting here, but I have lurked here for a few weeks.
Anyways, I am having my wisdom teeth pulled on the 26th of November (the day before Thanksgiving!) My oral surgeon gave me the choice of which anesthetic I wanted. I'm really nervous about this whole deal because of bad past dental and surgical experiences. One of my teeth is so impacted the roots have started to turn upwards. I woke up during surgery once so I'm wary about going under, but I don't think I can deal with being awake. That skeeves me more than possibly waking up.
I need opinions onto which anesthetic is better. Should I go with local and blindfold myself and take my iPod, or go for general and pray that I don't wake up in the middle?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hello there. I'm new to posting here, but I have lurked here for a few weeks.
Anyways, I am having my wisdom teeth pulled on the 26th of November (the day before Thanksgiving!) My oral surgeon gave me the choice of which anesthetic I wanted. I'm really nervous about this whole deal because of bad past dental and surgical experiences. One of my teeth is so impacted the roots have started to turn upwards. I woke up during surgery once so I'm wary about going under, but I don't think I can deal with being awake. That skeeves me more than possibly waking up.
I need opinions onto which anesthetic is better. Should I go with local and blindfold myself and take my iPod, or go for general and pray that I don't wake up in the middle?
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited:
![Laugh =] =]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/laugh.gif)


! Some people prefer to close their eyes, but if this isn't an option (e.g. because it makes your contact lenses dry out or just because you prefer it), then a sleep mask would do the trick. Closing your eyes has the advantage that you don't have to take the mask off when you do want to look (e.g. to talk with your dentist or rinse).