• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I suffer from anxiety and panic and need orthodontic treatment

W

Wolfie

Please help. I suffer from anxiety and panic but I need ortho treatment. Which one do I choose? Classic braces or Invisalign? I tried similar aligners to Invisalign, cheap ones, covered my gums and bit of palate and made me very anxious I had to stop at 6 weeks. What now? I dont want crooked teeth :(

Hi @Wolfie

I too have unstraight teeth and also had the dilemma about which brace options to pick. I think my advice would be to ensure that the Invisalign liners would not have the same fit issue? As I’m not sure how similar they would be to the previous ones. And this help your decision if you know? How did you find using the aligner style braces otherwise?

Asking your orthodontist may be the best idea if you haven’t done so. They can check whether both ways are an option and they should be happy to discuss your fears with you and help you find the product that will suit you and won’t make you anxiety worse.
Not sure how you got the cheap aligners, whether it was just the internet or with a dentist, but if it was from the internet, you better don’t take it as a reference as they very rarely fit.

Back