• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm 16 and my right canine tooth is starting to grow

  • Thread starter Thread starter skyrixion
  • Start date Start date
S

skyrixion

Junior member
Joined
Apr 13, 2018
Messages
1
Location
Australia
Hello everyone, I'm Chloe

I've recently been experiencing some pain in my gums so I grabbed the smallest mirror I could find and gave it a look only to find a little bit of white poking through my gums. I don't know what to do. I'm 16 and all of my teeth are fully formed and I'm so worried that with this new tooth growing. For those that are wondering I lost all of my teeth before the age of 10 and they've all regrown except my right canine, there has been a gap in my teeth now for 6 years and now a new tooth is growing, is it going to push all of my other teeth into a deformed shape? am I going to need braces?

Please, I need help, the images below are my teeth currently, there a pretty bad colour I know but ignore that please and look at those gaps, what would be the best course of action for this new tooth? :confused:

IMG_5922.JPGIMG_5921.JPG
 
Hi Chloe, sorry to hear that you worry so much. The best person to answer this question would be a dentist (I know, this is the uncoolest answer one can get here on the forum, sorry for that )
He/she could take some xrays and have a look at the position of the growing teeth and tell you if they have enough space or not. Do you have a dentist you feel ok with?
 
Last edited:
Get a panoramic x-ray
 
Back
Top