• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm going in today guys. 2 hours to go. 4 wisdoms. 4 fillings. No sedation.

T

TheGeek

So today is the day. The next time I post here the treatment will be all done.

I originally opted for sedation, but they told me I don't have to have it and its a good thing to list it down incase you need it on the day. I can't be dealing with recovery time from sedation because I have an important Skype business meeting later in the day that can't be rescheduled (I'll be mostly typing).

You know what's funny. I spent years worrying about today, and now it's here I'm not even bothered lol. An hour and a half in the chair and it's all over. Going to go with some music and headphones in.

Rock on. Lets do this!

Re: I'm going in today guys. 2 hours to go. 4 wisdoms. 4 fillings. No sedation.

Good luck

Good luck!!!

Back home, done it. Here's my success story:

It's been about 5 hours. I needed a cigarette otherwise I was going to go crazy. I was getting agitated and moody. I know the dry socket risks, but I packed some damp gauzes each side before smoking and had about 5 drags of the cigarette.

Hopefully it's ok. I'm just logging this here incase all goes pear shaped.

The clots are still in place after my few puffs so that's good news.

Last edited:

You did it!!! Congrats :) You are very brave for risking dry socket though! I'm terrified of getting it even though it's been a week and I'm already clear LOL

You did it!!! Congrats :) You are very brave for risking dry socket though! I'm terrified of getting it even though it's been a week and I'm already clear LOL

I just had to be very careful to ensure they didn't dislodge. I only had a smoke twice and always put damp gauzes in my mouth. Woke up this morning with no pain. Feels a bit tender, but no pain at all. I'm so happy because I expected pain for a few days.

Eating is still a problem because I don't want those clots to come out. Yesterday all I ate was a bowl of soup, a chocolate moose and a warm hot chocolate. Work up this morning and had another milky hot chocolate. Will probably be on soup all day again. I may try a jacket potato with cheese to boost the calories.

How is your healing going?

Last edited:

Just keep the updating.

Back