• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm starting to get really scared and confused

K

karensue77

Hi, I've had 3 molars on the left lower side, 18,19 and 20 root canaled this year and I have never gotten out of pain. I've been to 4 different dentist and a Neurologist and nobody can give me any answers on which tooth is causing me all the pain. I've had a 3D cone beam scan and everything looks perfect. My general dentist made me a night guard 2 weeks ago and I wear it at night but when I take it out in the morning, my pain is 10 times worse. Anyway, I think I need to have a tooth extracted but how am I going to find out which one it is???? I'm getting more terrified every day and I can't take the pain much longer. I am totally drained of all my energy and I don't ever feel good and I even feel very depressed. This all started back in December 2014, so it's been 7 months. I have no more appointments to go to after the last appointment getting my night guard. What should I do and which doctor should I call??????? When I saw my general dentist 2 weeks ago for the night guard, my pain felt like it was going away, it was very minimal for 2 weeks, then after I started wearing the night guard, it has come back full force again. He doesn't know this and thinks that I'm better.

I would return to your regular dentist and tell him about the increased pain with the night guard. There might be something about that that will give him a clue as to where the pain is coming from. Good luck!

Back