• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Immediate upper Dentures

G

Graham2501

hello i recently get all my upper back 3 teeth out about roughly 6 to 4 months different teeth at different appointments now in a weeks time i'm getting my front 4 out my back ones are fully healed closed up. Now my question is will i be able to get immediate upper dentures after my dentist takes out my final front 4 in a weeks time?

Yep, they should. I've had years of bad teeth and I finally got the courage to take the plunge and get my last teeth pulled and get a denture. Coincidentally, it's also four front teeth toward the front. I had like four appointments before the extraction where they cast my mouth, did a jaw alignment, test fittings, color setting then today at 4 PM was my final visit. They pulled the four teeth and put my new denture in. She said leave it in 24 hours, even sleep with it in. Then tomorrow night take it out for bed.

Gotta call them promptly tomorrow though as I'm concerned that I still have what seems like moderate amount of bleeding at 11:30 PM. In the past, when I had teeth pulled I bit on gauze and after an hour or two, it stopped. Just a little oozing now and again. With an immediate denture, you don't have gauze. Just the denture to keep the blood back and it doesn't do a very good job of it unfortunately. Not really much pain which is nice, just feels weird when I move my tongue up to the top of my mouth to swallow.

ah ok, thanks for the reply

Back