• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

In chronic pain two weeks after wisdom tooth extraction

B

B33eazy

I had my lower right wisdom tooth removed 12 days ago. And the pain has only gotten worse. The surgeon who removed the wisdom tooth told me the site is healing and I do not have a dry socket. However, I feel the pain in the extraction site, and have pain my right ear and feel like a bad taste on that side. I'm in so much pain that I have even been prescribed percoset which has helped some with the pain. My question is what could be wrong? And is having pain this long normal? What should I do?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

You shouldn't be in this much pain at this point. Go back and see the dentist again. If you can't face that then go and see your own dentist and get a second opinion. If you are in such bad pain the meds aren't working and you have a bad taste there might be some infection that could need treating. :butterfly:

Back