• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is blood test and physical report required for tooth extraction, implant and iv sedation

W

Wetcat

Is blood test and physical report required for tooth extraction, implant and iv sedation

Can anyone tell me if blood test or physical exam report required for tooth extraction, implant and iv sedation? I am an overall healthy person and no disease was reported according to my last physical exam. I am wondering if they would still require these to be provided. This will prolong my overall treatment plan.

Re: Is blood test and physical report required for tooth extraction, implant and iv sedation

I can't answer for every practice. I don't know if there's a lot of variance in how different places do things. I know I've never needed blood tests for any sort of dental work, but I have heard that some places ask for it. I didn't get a blood test for general anasthetic either, though that did of course require a chat about my medical history, BMI check, and blood pressure checks. Best thing to do is to call the practice and ask.

Back