R
ripply
Member
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2014
- Messages
- 56
It's the dry socket fear again. I've been trying my best to distract myself and telling myself to stop being silly, but nothing has worked. I'm so anxious about it I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I can't even speak to anyone on the phone as I'm scared talking will move the clot. I'm too scared to eat. I'm scared to sleep in case I end up poking at the socket with my tongue. When I do sleep, I wake up in a panic. I'm scared of moving much in case my blood pressure increases and that dislodges the clot. Too scared to do anything really.
All I've been doing is checking the time constantly and having a look at the extraction site regularly. There is white stuff on it, which I think is a good sign, but I've realised that underneath the white stuff there is still a dark clot. I thought it is meant to heal from the inside so the white stuff should begin below the clot, not above it, so now I'm even more frightened. Also, at the side, where most of the stitches are, there is no white stuff at all. I read that some people got a dry socket even a week after the extraction.
Could anyone reassure me that it will be ok? Does it sound like it's healing properly or is it still risky? I'm so worn out I can't cope with this much longer.
All I've been doing is checking the time constantly and having a look at the extraction site regularly. There is white stuff on it, which I think is a good sign, but I've realised that underneath the white stuff there is still a dark clot. I thought it is meant to heal from the inside so the white stuff should begin below the clot, not above it, so now I'm even more frightened. Also, at the side, where most of the stitches are, there is no white stuff at all. I read that some people got a dry socket even a week after the extraction.
Could anyone reassure me that it will be ok? Does it sound like it's healing properly or is it still risky? I'm so worn out I can't cope with this much longer.
