• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Is it normal to have small twinges of pain during extraction healing?

A

Arkeresia

It's been about 3 and a half weeks since I had a molar removed, it's closing up well and the dentist says it's all fine but I've noticed quite a few twinges in my jaw and around that area, is it normal for some aches and twinges while the tissue heals? Anyone else had this? It's nothing that I'd call actually painful just little twinges.

Hi @Arkeresia we’ve spoken before I wasn’t long behind you with my extraction! I still have the odd twinge! I put it down to a lot of healing and complex things going on in there at the moment so it’s going to let me know now and again how hard it’s working ? other than that I’m healing well, the odd pang of discomfort and still not nearly closed up. But getting smaller! Hope your mind is put at rest a little!

Hi @Arkeresia we’ve spoken before I wasn’t long behind you with my extraction! I still have the odd twinge! I put it down to a lot of healing and complex things going on in there at the moment so it’s going to let me know now and again how hard it’s working ? other than that I’m healing well, the odd pang of discomfort and still not nearly closed up. But getting smaller! Hope your mind is put at rest a little!
Oh hi! I'm so glad you're is healing up well I know you were really struggling with worry like I was! Yeah it's definitely filling in more so I'm assuming it's healing twinges, it's definitely not pain enough to feel like anythings badly wrong lol. I'm hoping in another week or so it'll be more or less nothing to worry about at all anymore!!

Back