• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

IV Conscious Sedation?! Anyone?!

K

katylayney

So I'm going to get a root canal on June 4th under conscious iv sedation...I've only ever been put under general anesthesia when I go to the dentist but I don't have the money right now. I have two problems, TERRIBLE anxiety and TERRIBLE TMJ problems..will the iv sedation be good enough for me? Who has gone through this and can share your experiences of how it went? Will I feel anything? Remember anything?!

I haven't had sedation myself but from reading on here it is the best thing since sliced bread, I am sure someone will be along that can help you soon.

They do say that you are not aware but aware enough to follow direction that you won't remember, also that when you do start to come round enough to remember they are finishing off and you are done.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: try not to get too stressed :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Hi Katy,
sedation is great for anxious patients and has much better recovery times and safety levels.
The trick is to embrace the sedative, don't fight it, and you'll find its a really good experience
best of luck

Back