K
Kelly1007
Junior member
- Joined
- Apr 22, 2013
- Messages
- 7
I am having MAJOR anxiety, not over my upcoming surgery, but because of the sedation. My surgeon strongly recommends I do use IV sedation as I am getting all 4 out, and his experience has shown it is "too trauamatic" to be awake. While I do trust this, I am FREAKING OUT.
I have never had any form of anesthesia or sedative and have no idea what to expect. Can anyone share their experience? I have read that you are not fully asleep, so what exactly is this like? Will I have snippets of memories while drowsy, or be completely out? How do you breath if they're working in your mouth? How will I be monitored?
I am SO afraid of something happening to me while under sedation and never waking up due to complications. I cry everytime I think about this, and I know its irrational but my anxiety is just so bad
I have never had any form of anesthesia or sedative and have no idea what to expect. Can anyone share their experience? I have read that you are not fully asleep, so what exactly is this like? Will I have snippets of memories while drowsy, or be completely out? How do you breath if they're working in your mouth? How will I be monitored?
I am SO afraid of something happening to me while under sedation and never waking up due to complications. I cry everytime I think about this, and I know its irrational but my anxiety is just so bad

