• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extreme dental phobia that left me wearing braces 8 years! IV sedation

X

xopheliax

Hello all!
firstly, I just want to thank you all so much because without reading all of your success stories I may well have not got my bum into the dentist chair at all!

Heres a before shot and two I took when I got home. Still very far from a nice smile but a big improvement!

Im still a little groggy from the IV sedation so I'll keep this short and sweet. 8ish years ago I had braces put on but soon developed extreme dental phobia. I knew my teeth were deteriorating and needed fillings but I was immobilised with fear over ever going to a dentist ever again. It didn't help that I was going through panic disorder and made the whole thing even worse.

but I finally just bit the bullet and found an AMAZING dentist who was calm, reassuring and patient with me. He removed my braces tonight under IV sedation. He also have me multiple fillings and a quick polish. Whilst I still have stains from 8 years of hardcore tea drinking, I feel like he has made my smile already a lot better.

next step is to get me some veneers! :) Then I'll hopefully feel able to smile in public. That's the dream!

i could never have done all this if it were not for IV sedation. I strongly recommend it! More updates to come!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 38
welcome to the forum and well done

I would have put some smilies here but they won't work.

Back