• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Jaw bone below tooth hurts from the outside but no pain in the tooth or in gums

S

StefyS

Jaw bone below tooth hurts from the outside but no pain in the tooth or in gums

So I've recently noticed a slight pain only when I press a certain point on my lower jaw bone on the outside of my mouth below a couple of teeth (around my premolars and molars) so I panicked and started pushing on all my teeth in that area and there is no pain when I press, no pain when I eat, no sensitivity to hot or cold on any of them and no pain in the gums either. I press all the way down but I feel nothing from the inside just from the outside. It only hurts when I press it and it goes away instantly (I know - don't press it but now I can't stop)

Could this be related to teeth or something else?

I do have an appointment with the dentist for 1st August so I am planning on asking him then but I don't want to make an appointment just for that.

I had a root canal 9 months ago on my lower first molar and it has a white composite material over it until I can afford a crown on that side and sometimes if I push on the gum below the tooth, It feels sore, not painful and not all the time and that tooth isn't painful to chew on either so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Re: Jaw bone below tooth hurts from the outside but no pain in the tooth or in gums

So I've recently noticed a slight pain only when I press a certain point on my lower jaw bone on the outside of my mouth below a couple of teeth (around my premolars and molars) so I panicked and started pushing on all my teeth in that area and there is no pain when I press, no pain when I eat, no sensitivity to hot or cold on any of them and no pain in the gums either. I press all the way down but I feel nothing from the inside just from the outside. It only hurts when I press it and it goes away instantly (I know - don't press it but now I can't stop)

Could this be related to teeth or something else?

I do have an appointment with the dentist for 1st August so I am planning on asking him then but I don't want to make an appointment just for that.

I had a root canal 9 months ago on my lower first molar and it has a white composite material over it until I can afford a crown on that side and sometimes if I push on the gum below the tooth, It feels sore, not painful and not all the time and that tooth isn't painful to chew on either so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

I'm not a dentist, but I would assume that if your teeth feel okay then it is likely not related to that, unless you grind your teeth at night or have tmj. I get jaw pain quite frequently for reasons I have yet to figure out, but the dentist hasn't noticed anything out of sorts in that regard. Sometimes my headaches radiate to my jaw, and sometimes my ear aches. The body is a confusing thing. I hope you feel better soon.

Back