• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Letter to my dentist

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nattis
  • Start date Start date
Hi Nattis, Just wanted to say I will be thinking about you tomorrow, & sending out good vibes. Good Luck!
:grouphug:
 
Thank you!

Trying to eat my breakfast at the moment...

Felt really cool yesterday and fell asleep really fast. Guess 5 nights of no sleeping is a way to go if you wanna sleep the night before... Woke up 30 min before my alarm clock with a small panic sensation in my stomach... Now I feel like I'm gonna be sick and I have to go to work. Which is actually a help to make time past. And the kids are always happy!
 
I wish you all the best today Nattis :grouphug:

Remember, that you can always step in and stop the whole procedure, if you don't like something :) and don't be scared to speak up :)

Again, I wish you good luck and thinking of you :)
 
A quick reply before I go to sleep. (gonna sleep very well tonight)

The window was open already! The smell in the waiting room was awful, but it got better.

The nurse had be be there, the dentist explained that they were very good colleagues and that everything would take twice as long time without her. But if I insisted, he could be alone.

I didn't have to lay down at all. I didn't even have to sit in the dentists chair.

We didn't take one tooth at a time, even though he told me that we could do that another time. He just had a short short look and we looked at x-rays together.

They never had to put anything into my mouth to take x-rays. They had a machine for that... A bit "space-y" but .... kinda cool.

He read my letter and was very nice to me. He said that he recognized all my fears and wishes. Felt really good. :)
 
Sounds like you found a great dentist that understand people's fears. Mine was the same way the first time I saw him, and I'm a lot more comfortable with the dentist now than I was before (although I don't think I'll ever actually LIKE going).

Sounds like you had a really positive experience and the next time will be a lot easier - the first visit is always the hardest.

Do you know if you need any work done?
 
He pointed out three cavities.

I'm pretty sure that there is more to be done, but that he didn't wanna tell me yesterday. I was kinda upset already... Dunno. At least three.

But he also said that the main aim with this program is not to fix my cavities. It is to help me being able to go to another dentist without being afraid. So he won't push me to have any work done.
 
Yey, well done[smiley=jumping.gif]

I am very happy that your dentist was so understanding and he appreciated your letter and worries :)

I think your dentist is not going to lie to you about the cavities, just maybe ease you into the whole thing, though I can understand, that you probably wanted to know everything to prepare yourself.

Maybe he was telling the truth and you have only 3 teeth to deal with.:)
 
Two cavities was next to each other between two teeth, so that would mean two "sessions"... [smiley=cloud9.gif]

Don't think he lied either... He just said "I see a cavity here, here and here." and no more. So if there were more, he wouldn't have been lying... Kinda... Never mind. I don't really feel like I have to worry about that. It just hurts a bit in two teeth (one is the marked one and another where part of a filling has fallen out, which he didn't notice at all) and that is just sometimes. I can live with that, no need to rush anything. ;D
 
Back
Top