• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Looking for some help / advice

W

Wo

Hello everyone,

Well, where should I start

I’m 24 years old and well, I’d like to live my life as everyone, but I can’t because of my „dental problems”…
In the past I’ve had so many bad things happening in my life - I’ve had to quit school, I’ve lost my home in fire, landed on the street and I’ve completely stopped to take care of my teeths...
Now it’s very embarrising, I’m loosing the best time of my life and of course it’s just my fault…
I can’t stop thinking about it, I’ve changed a lot because of that…Most of the time I’m spending alone at home, I became very shy…

Now, when my situation is stable I’d like to do something about it, but basically I can’t afford it… I know, that it will cost £5000-£1000, maybe even more (yes, it’s that bad…) and I’d like to ask - does anyone know about any possible finance or any other solution? I’m ready to pay even 100% APR, I just want to live my life…

Thanks in advance for your responses

If you are like me, making up your mind you are going to the dentist is half the battle. It took a long time and many tears to make up my mind and I am still scared to death. I don't know if you have the fear or if you are just having financial issues. If it is just financial, maybe there is a dental school near you. It is my understanding that they will do dental work for a small amount of money because they need hands on training, etc. If it is fear, I highly recommend this forum. Just being able to talk about your fears with others who go through the same thing is very helpful.

Best of luck.

If you are like me, making up your mind you are going to the dentist is half the battle. It took a long time and many tears to make up my mind and I am still scared to death. I don't know if you have the fear or if you are just having financial issues. If it is just financial, maybe there is a dental school near you. It is my understanding that they will do dental work for a small amount of money because they need hands on training, etc. If it is fear, I highly recommend this forum. Just being able to talk about your fears with others who go through the same thing is very helpful.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your reply.
It's hard to describe the problem - financial is a part of it but the way I feel now is another. I feel some kind of fear connected with embarrassment.
I'm a working person, but basically dental care is pretty expensive so I'm looking for some kind of solution.

Back