• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Lower front tooth loose due to endoscopy

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

It has been so long since I came back to this forum! I'm finally off braces.

Anyway, I just got an endoscopy done today under sedation and double throat spray but when I woke up, I realized that one of my lower front tooth feels tender to press down and that's when I came to realize that omg it wiggle a lot too. It seems loose. It came to my conclusion that I might have bite into the mouth guard that was provided during endoscopy too hard.

I must have injured the ligament around it.

I read up about splint for loose tooth that are cause by traumatic event like fight or fall, to give support to the loose tooth. I'm thinking am I able to just wear my retainer and give the ligament times to heal? I don't really wanna go a dentist unless it is necessary. I think I had enough procedure for medical issues.

Leave it alone, don't wiggle it to check up on it and stick to soft food for a few days. The retainer might help a bit but time is the main healer here :)

Leave it alone, don't wiggle it to check up on it and stick to soft food for a few days. The retainer might help a bit but time is the main healer here :)

Omg Gordan! I was hoping you will reply me. Thanks God. I actually set up an appointment with the dentist later. Today the looseness seems to be a little better. It feels a little tender too.

So it is possible for loosen tooth to tighten back up on it owns with time? I believe I might have stretch the ligament by biting too hard on the mouth guard. I really don't want this tooth to be gone. I just took out my braces not long ago and was not wearing my retainer for about 3 days as I'm not feeling very well. Having some issues with my stomach..

Yes, it should firm back up in time with a bit of luck.

@Gordon, nothing to do with this thread, but did I read quotes from you in an article in the Guardian last week? It was a really good piece!

Thanks Gordon, I went to a dentist, no x-ray was taken as she say it looks fine. She mentioned that I'm just off braces recently therefore some of my tooth are not firm up yet. The tooth that I'm concerned about is much loose compared to other due to the trauma by biting onto the mouth guard too hard.

I really wish it will firm up soon. It doesn't hurt but it feels different when I press on it.

@Gordon, nothing to do with this thread, but did I read quotes from you in an article in the Guardian last week? It was a really good piece!

It would be even better if it contained a link to Dental Fear Central :p - please do feel free to write to the editor of the Guardian to request a link, so that more people can find us!

I got interviewed over the phone by a guy from the Guardian a few months ago, it'd have been nice if he'd linked me his story and since it was via here he got my details, it'd also have been polite if he'd mentioned this site in his article.

Since I don't read the Guardian, I hope it wasn't too controversial :)

I got interviewed over the phone by a guy from the Guardian a few months ago, it'd have been nice if he'd linked me his story and since it was via here he got my details, it'd also have been polite if he'd mentioned this site in his article.

Since I don't read the Guardian, I hope it wasn't too controversial :)

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/aug/19/ive-had-patients-take-their-own-teeth-out-dental-anxiety-and-the-treatments-that-can-help

Here it is. I use the Guardian app which is why I didn’t link in the first place.

Thanks Judy, crikey, I think I've just been severely edited :)

Never trust a journalist, @Gordon. (Ex PR person here - possibly also not to be trusted!)

I don't, glad you've moved away from the Dark Side though :)

Thanks Judy, crikey, I think I've just been severely edited :)

Understatement of the century... :rolleyes:

I should ask him for some private lessons to help cut down on the waffle on our website pages :)

@Gordon I now teach the dark arts to future spin doctors. @letsconnect I do bits of writing and editing freelance on top of teaching, so do shout if you ever need any help with copy - happy to volunteer my services (which usually command a hefty fee!).

You may live to regret your kind offer, @Judythecat :) - will be in touch!

Back