• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Making a home visit- "difficult/rude patient according to staff"

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
So a patient of mine that part of my staff thinks is rude has a relative who a couple of years ago had major brain trauma and is bed ridden with no speech and severely brain damaged. She called me today about a large abscess and asked where to take him. Frankly there isn't a great answer for patients like him in the states. So I volunteered to go to her house tonight to see the problem. My staff was surprised at my action and I explained to them that I have found if you are consistently nice to rude people they eventually change. Let's see if I can help out on this one. I was warned by her that she couldn't put her finger in his mouth for fear of getting bitten off.

This is a great story of kindness @comfortdentist ! Good outlook on things and believe your kindness will make a huge difference .

I don’t know if I can be of any value beyond an opinion

I don’t know if I can be of any value beyond an opinion

Just being available and willing to make the visit is valuable. I imagine even a rude patient would be grateful by this kindness. I hope it makes a difference in her attitude.

I wouldn't be suprised you get a few new patients down the road on referral from this patient for this kindness

Good news found an OMS that can see him in the hospital due to his higher anesthesia risk not suitable for office anesthesia.

Back