Hi had-enough, and welcome!
Firstly a big well done for getting through two cleanings, you should be proud of yourself for managing them. I had three extractions a little over two weeks ago and will have two more before this month is out. What kind of sedation are you having? I only have experience of IV sedation while having treatment, so I'm afraid I can only offer input into that. If you're having oral sedation or general anesthetic, no doubt someone will be along at some point to give you a heads up on them.
I totally get how scary it is, especially when you're waiting for the unknown, but I hope I can help ease that anxiety even slightly. I was petrified before mine, and convinced it wouldn't work, but it really did. I hardly remember anything (I did come to once, but the dentist immediately topped me up with the meds, so I was back with the fairies before I knew it) and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room. I felt no pain whatsoever, which was another thing I was panicking about, and it was fine. I'm using IV sedation when I go back for my next appointment, too.
If you're having IV sedation, you'll definitely need to take that day off work, and probably the next, too. As I mentioned, I don't know about the other types of sedation, but I was assume with anything you'd have to take at least one day off work. I'm not going to pretend there was no pain afterwards, but I can tell you it was nothing like the pain I was experiencing before. You'll be given an aftercare sheet to take home with you, about what you should and shouldn't do to promote healing, but really, in all likelihood, you'll be absolutely fine. It's normal to feel tired and groggy for the rest of the day after the procedure, and you'll become best friends with soup and other soft food for a few days

, but the pain will be managed if you keep on top of it with paracetamol and ibuprofen.
I know I probably haven't answered all of your questions, but if you need anything, just ask
Take care
Lost