• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Much TLC needed as well as everything else!

Re: BIG day for me today!

It all went well, but I didn't have to sign any paperwork then - will have to do it when I go back for the extractions, and will be even worse I think that day!!!!

:scared:

Nine More Sleeps

Nine more sleeps to go before THE day!! Collywobbles are building up slowly but surely. One part of me can't wait for it to all be over and done with, and then I can go forward, but it is the petrified part of me that is getting me down. I have seen on here some people say they are excited about treatment. That is the wrong word for me as not excited at all.

It is 3 months ago to the date today, that my crown broke off, and I have had 3 months of not being who I once was, a much happier person. So I am not excited about my up and coming extractions, but there is some sort of relief that a decision has been made, and once I am through with those, I can begin the road to feeling better about things.

Re: Nine More Sleeps

That really resonates with me, admittedly I wont be getting regular treatment until July but the part of being in 2 minds about it and feeling a sense of relief once the work is done or at least started.

You've come so far in three months and I don't think you'll run, I think you'll find your way to happiness again even if anxiety is abound, just keep focusing on the outcome, a healthier mouth and happiness.:XXLhug:

Re: Nine More Sleeps

Thank you for this Rock Chick - I think people around me are a bit scared to mention next week, and so I feel a bit like there is not the support there was first of all, which I am sure is not really the case, it is just my irrational head not taking a break.

It is 3 months today that all this started, and now I just want to get on and get sorted, and start to be the 'old me' that I was before all of this.

Take care.

Kim

Back