• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Multiple external cervical root reabsorption

J

Jzablotny

I went to the dentist about a year and a half ago with pain when flossing they did x-rays and sent me to a periodontist who found that I had 4 teeth with external cervical route reabsorption. I am 45 with healthy teeth I have never had any dental work other than a cavity when I was a teenager. No orthodontics no injuries. I got my crowns placed and at the follow up they did x-rays and found that another tooth had reabsorption . I had anotherImplant placed two weeks ago and went for my postop check yesterday and once again it is affected another tooth. I am beside myself. I do not have the money to continue this process, and I am terrified about going through the surgery again. I’m just hoping and searching if someone has an answer as to why this is happening and a way to stop it.

Hello Jzablotny

:welcome: I don't have any answers for you, but did want to welcome you to DFC and hope one of our dentists answers your post. It is surely exhausting both physically and emotionally to do work and then keep having things happen with it. Especially when you are really taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do with no past issues. I hope they can find an answer for the reabsorption issue for you and why this is happening.

I'm sorry, there is no answer for you, nobody has a clue why this happens and how to prevent it :(

Back