• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My gums receding away from top right tooth help

J

johnfolan

IMG_0593.jpgIMG_0594.jpg

Hello there was just wondering if anyone would know the reason for my front right tooth looking the way it does? it feels kinda of loose compared to my other front tooth please help!

Anyone?? really worried

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I am sorry I haven't got an answer for you, I am not a dentist. Have you seen a dentist about this. There are some dentists that do come on here but they come on when they can. If you can just be patient I am sure one will do their best to give you and answer.

They cannot diagnose your problem because they would have to see your mouth and maybe x ray you, but sometimes they can say something to put your mind at rest.

You do really need to see a dentist if you are worried.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: let us know how you get on.

Hello John,
Did you get an injury to your tooth? The only thing I can think of as to why your tooth is loose is the start of periodontal disease..I have it and the dentist said I have bone loss and eventually my teeth will become loose if I don't get treatment for it.. Like Carol said just go to a dentist and just have x rays done on just that tooth..Then you will feel better..

The cause for the gingival contour is obvious. Your tooth has an morphological defect on the front surface. This lack of structure allows the giniva to take on the shape that it did. 2 options:
1. No treatment
2. Bond in tooth defect which will improve gingiva aesthics. This treatment must be finished well and is totally optional.
I have done both.

Back