• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My new website

Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
Hi everyone,

I have recently launched a new website named TreatYourDentalFear.com
This website's goal is to help people to manage their dental anxiety, find a dentist in their own local community and build trustful relationship.
Right now there are 4 videos and later on there will be more. I have worked hard on this project and now looking for feedback.

Looking forward hearing your comments.

Cheers,
Daniel

I really like it. It's straightforward, to the point and addresses the most common fears of the dental-phobic patient. Your videos are also very professionally done and address concerns very well. Good job!

Dr Daniel,

These are really good and helpful! Thanks for all you put into this helping patients and dentists and staff! Really appreciate your work and thoughts!

Thanks. The best is yet to come.
Do you find the illustrations too blunt? too much dentistry, which might provoke fear among fearful viewers?

Dr Daniel,

Actually for dental videos you have very short flashes of any dental instruments and I didn't see any sharp edges or anesthetic needles or anything of the such, the very little I saw was quick and quite to the background that personally wouldn't think trigger too many .

Where I know some would get nervous and I used to is if I were to walk in a room for first time and there is a tray of sharp instruments and needles in full view before you even meet a dentist. that would be off putting for sure. You did a great job of hiding the scary things I think!

And just for the general dentistry shots.. they are really not too much in my opinion .. that is me, the pointers and thoughts outweigh any of minimal shots of looking and polishing or whatever was done briefly.

Great points and videos I hope alot of people watch them and get helped!

Hi everyone,

Fresh from the oven: a new video from my Treat Your Dental Fear project. This one is about fear of pain during the dental treatment.

I really like this video and believe it can help many out there. Please feel free to comment, subscribe and most importantly share it with those who might benefit from it.

I think the website is very helpful! I like the videos. One of my sources of anxiety is not knowing what to expect or what questions to ask to get information about what to expect. I especially like the video that you just posted about the fear of pain.

One of my sources of anxiety is not knowing what to expect or what questions to ask to get information about what to expect.
Very soon there will be a video just about that, named "The uncertainty factor".

Very soon there will be a video just about that, named "The uncertainty factor".

I look forward to seeing that! I feel much better when I know exactly what to expect, but most dentists don't explain, just say what needs to be done. I actually have a background in biology, and it helps me to know what is going on biologically in my mouth. It helps me to feel in control.

Also, thank you very much for creating the website!

This one is really good Dr Daniel, as they all are really helpful for anyone who is anxious and looking for the right dentist , or validated they are not at the right one too. This is great!

Very informative and I like the videos, brings things to life more than reading just the words. I really struggle with feeling ashamed and my dentist is very good with my anxiety. Sometimes his professionalism does make me struggle not to feel the shame, by that I mean, he is a perfectionist and wants to save my teeth (they have had a lot of restorations over the years), recent issue was unexpected to him and I could tell he was disappointed, I know he's not judging me but it's still hard. He reassures me that other people DO have problems like me, but usually a bit older in age. So I guess that's my way of saying the subject of feeling shame is complex isn't it and the video is great to address it. My dentist does really well to respect my feelings but he can't change my situation in any more ways than he tries. I think with a good dentist you are in partnership caring for your teeth, he respects my anxiety and I respect that he is a professional focussing on the best job for my situation. I have to do work to change my level of shame, he's done a lot to help me. It's a difficult one to overcome. Society has a lot to say about 'good' teeth + good person.

Very informative and I like the videos, brings things to life more than reading just the words. I really struggle with feeling ashamed and my dentist is very good with my anxiety. Sometimes his professionalism does make me struggle not to feel the shame, by that I mean, he is a perfectionist and wants to save my teeth (they have had a lot of restorations over the years), recent issue was unexpected to him and I could tell he was disappointed, I know he's not judging me but it's still hard. He reassures me that other people DO have problems like me, but usually a bit older in age. So I guess that's my way of saying the subject of feeling shame is complex isn't it and the video is great to address it. My dentist does really well to respect my feelings but he can't change my situation in any more ways than he tries. I think with a good dentist you are in partnership caring for your teeth, he respects my anxiety and I respect that he is a professional focussing on the best job for my situation. I have to do work to change my level of shame, he's done a lot to help me. It's a difficult one to overcome. Society has a lot to say about 'good' teeth + good person.

Sounds like the video about fear of embarrassment can be relevant for you:

Back