• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My tooth shaved off by dentist enamal gone ouch!

O

ouchmytooth

About a year ago I got my space in two front teeth fixed by probably a unqualified dentist because she literally shaved my tooth off. Flakes were chipping off for days after. OUCH!!
When she was done I asked her if it was a chip when she showed me in the mirror, she said she was just "blending". No actually she hacked my natural tooth off in the front there is a huge dent!
In the back when I complained the "bump thing" was uneven then she sawed off my natural bump thing! OUCH!
Now a year later my whole tooth is turning grey and hurts all day to eat drink, and is numb. I didn't go back because I was so busy because I just had a baby and thought I really didn't want her touching my teeth again.

Now that all my tooth is grey and killing me worse every day I know just how bad she wrecked my tooth I don't know what to do.
WhAT will likely happen when I go to the dentist? I cant go back to same one because its in area of dangerous ex-husband so I have to go to new dentist. Although id love to sue the pants off her so upset, in pain and depressed. AND I don't have money to pay for veneers im on income assistance covers only basic..any advice?

Last edited:
When the tooth turns grey it indicates that it has died and will need a root canal to fix.

When the tooth turns grey it indicates that it has died and will need a root canal to fix.

Ok that sucks...Im starting to be in unbearable agony not able eat drink so Im going to look into dentist tomorrow its hard I have no one to watch my toddler that's why I havnt gone. Tooth looking worse aswell getting more grey..

Is the grey enamel lose or tooth lose the same? I thought it was grey from enamel lose? So will I most likely need root canal then veneers or something like that?

Im so confused feels like they wont ever be fixed right don't know whats going on with my teeth at all scary and hurts and the two front teeth to boot, looks horrible....

Last edited:
Not sure why you would have to get veneers... just the root canal if the tooth is dead and has an infection (which might be the cause of the pain)

Did you end up going to the dentist?

Back