• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need advice, help, answer plz

P

PUNKS

:confused: Hi, first off, big time freaked out PHOBIA on any dental procedures & now & 59, on Oct 23, 2017 get top teeth pulled for dentures :cry:, my Dentures will b put in immediately after. I'm a smoker, so I'm going to try to quit also! I'm allergic to adhesives so I have to go with THE nicotine gum. Can I chew that gum or put on bottom, between cheek & gums?:cry:

:confused: Hi, first off, big time freaked out PHOBIA on any dental procedures & now & 59, on Oct 23, 2017 get top teeth pulled for dentures :cry:, my Dentures will b put in immediately after. I'm a smoker, so I'm going to try to quit also! I'm allergic to adhesives so I have to go with THE nicotine gum. Can I chew that gum or put on bottom, between cheek & gums?:cry:

Hi there you've certainly got a lot going on at once. My advice is to stop smoking NOW, do not wait until you're in pain and under the pressure if adjusting to life with dentures. I am a former smoker, stopped cold turkey a year and a half ago. I also just had full mouth extractions done and bone grafting and sinus lifts to make way for implants when I heal. For now I have dentures. Quitting smoking is more psychological than physical. The first week is the hardest as far as the physical addiction. After that the nicotine is out of your system so you don't physically need it anymore...your brain believes that you do though. Your entire routine for years has been based around smoking and that is the cycle that is difficult to break. You really ought to do it now so you're over the absolute worst of it before your upcoming procedure. I did I know anyone can.

Back