• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need advice plz- about changing dentist

F

Fati96

Hello
I have a serious question about changing dentist.
First I should say that I have a lot of dental works to be done in my mouth, my teeth condition is awful, and fixing all of them takes time، with every week one session,it takes 2 months.

Because of my extreme fear and anxiety of dentistry , I found a very great ,kind and calm dentist(I choose him just because he is so kind and also is a great dentist-my family dentist is a rough and stressful dentist that I can't tolerate him). I really feel comfortable at my new dentist office.

But there is a problem here; yesterday I was in his office and he told me :" you have lots of works to be done, and unfortunately my schedule is full booked till next month, and I can set appointment for you 2 sessions a week and next appointment will be 2 or 3 weeks later!!"
As you see it takes too much time between each session, but I need to fix them as quick as possible.
Then he told me that due to my stress he can offer me another dentist who is a professional and she is kinder than himself(that was for fun).
At first I said no? I continue with you, but then I told him I talk to my mom about it to see what to do.

I talked to my mom and she said :"no I don't know whether that woman is really a professional or not, and now that your own dentist's schedule is full till next month,we go to our family dentist."
Now I have an amergency dental work that i should go to dentist and fix it. Just this one!
I will go to my own dentist next mounth.
Now the problem is that My x-rays are in my dentist's office, If I want to go to another dentist I should go to his office and teke the x-rays.
(I'm not gonna take new x-rays, I should get it from my dentist).

Now my question is that,when I go to my own dentist's office to teke my x-rays , what should I tell my dentist about what I'm gonna do?
I don't know but I'm affraid he might becomes sad when he knows I'm going to another dentist other than the person he offered me, might not he?
What do you think about it?
Will he feel bad if I go and say I want to take my x-rays and go to another doctor?
What should I tell him that don't make him feel bad?
I have 3 appointments with himself next month, I mean I don't want to change my dentist, he is great, I'm just going to family dentist because of a rotten tooth.

Maybe I'm overthinking but give me advice about it please. Tell me what is the best things i can tell to him that don't bother him.

Last edited:
Not sure what the law is in Iran, here in the UK you are entitled to a copy of your x-rays but there is normally a charge for duplication, the x-rays belong to the dentist, not the patient and they need to retain the originals for legal reasons.
The best thing to do with your dentist is tell them the truth, patients change dentists regularly, I'm sure he'll get over it :)

Not sure what the law is in Iran, here in the UK you are entitled to a copy of your x-rays but there is normally a charge for duplication, the x-rays belong to the dentist, not the patient and they need to retain the originals for legal reasons.
The best thing to do with your dentist is tell them the truth, patients change dentists regularly, I'm sure he'll get over it :)
In my city we take x-ray pictures in certain clinics and then give it to the dentist and he keeps it at office.
And now that i'm going to another dentist i should go to my demtist and take x-rays and bring to another dentist.
Thank you so much?
You are right I should tell him what i'm gonna do. But I'm afraid if he feels bad when i say I'm going to another office?
But anyway, i'll tell him

Back