• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need all teeth pulled and dentures

K

Katiegirl1962

Hello everyone. Feeling like a total loser. I have neglected my teeth and gums for years and now I am paying the price. I am going to need all my teeth pulled. I have loose teeth and my gums are disgusting. Very embarrassing and ashamed.

Hi - I just wanted to say that I am in the same situation and I know exactly how you feel. I can't afford to have any dental work even if I could pluck up the courage. I am utterly ashamed and dread every day. Thinking of you.

You are not a total loser. Dental Anxiety can get pretty intense. If I hadn't been with my mother when my tooth broek, I wouldn't have gone to the dentist either. She had to drag me to one. I avoided it for over 10 years.

The important part is you are getting your teeth fixed now. Once your old teeth are out and your dentures fit you'll feel much better. My brother had to have his whole top row removed and he got an implant put in. Nobody can tell by looking at him...but he did talk to me about how it makes him feel. You are not alone in feeling the way you do. It'll be OK.

You are not alone! I completely understand your feelings on this but you need to look forward to how happy you will be when it is all taken care of. It was life changing for me. Stay strong an know that it will be ok.

You can do it its for your own good stay strong

Back