• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nervous that I'm going to lose my bottom front teeth due to calculus

B

Bobbykorn

My bottom two front teeth are showing calculus and it’s surrounding the bottom of my gums where it’s receeding , was just curious if during my cleaning that my bottom two front teeth will fall off once the cleaning and tarter is removed ...? How serious is it I attached a picture . You can see my bottom front teeth have calculus surrounding the tooth please help ...? Should I be worried about tooth loss for my bottom teeth ...?

Attachments

• EEBB0784-A9BE-4902-8683-92916C680F46.jpeg
    EEBB0784-A9BE-4902-8683-92916C680F46.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 49
  • FDCADBC9-672E-4AC8-BCE6-1575A8A1C218.jpeg
    FDCADBC9-672E-4AC8-BCE6-1575A8A1C218.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 46
Not a dentist but your question about the calculus is a common one. The calculus doesn't support or help hold your teeth in. There shouldn't be a noticeable difference in terms of how loose your teeth feel after having them cleaned. Ask your dentist or hygienist for more information about the health of your gums/bone that support the teeth.

Not a dentist but your question about the calculus is a common one. The calculus doesn't support or help hold your teeth in. There shouldn't be a noticeable difference in terms of how loose your teeth feel after having them cleaned. Ask your dentist or hygienist for more information about the health of your gums/bone that support the teeth.

Thank you for the quick response, if you look at one of my bottom teeth the calculus is surrounding the bottom of one of them . I’m looking to get a cleaning soon and I know I’ll have gaps afterwards I’m just worried that the one tooth with tartar around the bottom is become loss once it’s cleaning . Can you tell if it’s eaten up some of the calcium if my tooth? I’m just hoping I have some of that tooth less once cleaned ...

Sorry I can't answer that question. A professional would need to examine the area and take xrays.

Awhile ago, I had bad calculus build up after not having a cleaning in 9 years. There are a couple of small gaps between my lower front teeth now where the gum receded. However, I was able to keep my teeth and its easier to maintain them when getting regular cleanings.

Thank you for the quick response, if you look at one of my bottom teeth the calculus is surrounding the bottom of one of them . I’m looking to get a cleaning soon and I know I’ll have gaps afterwards I’m just worried that the one tooth with tartar around the bottom is become loss once it’s cleaning . Can you tell if it’s eaten up some of the calcium if my tooth? I’m just hoping I have some of that tooth less once cleaned ...

Calculus doesn't support teeth in any way shape or form. In fact the presence of the calculus encourages nasty plaque bacteria to grow around it which makes periodontal disease worse which does cause teeth to get loose and fall out eventually :)

Tartar doesn't eat the calcium out of your teeth either. It forms from the Calcium secreted by your saliva glands. Bit like the stuff that makes stalagmites and stalactites in caves actually :)

Back