Hi all, went to first appointment ..slowest walk i ever took, got into waiting room and was like a wreck inside...receptionist booked me in and said take a seat and was nice...my eyes were fixed on the door for what seemed like hours but after about 10mins it opened and the assistant said my name

...I walked into a lovely surgery with a sofa to sit on instead of the chair at first..all my images of cold white painted rooms dissapeared...next i was greeted with a smile by a very friendly dentist..I said "I have gotta tell you I,m a nervous patient"...she smiled and said sit down and tell me why...wow, she listened and put me at ease saying that today she was only going to examine me and would talk me through everything before she did it..she was very gentle...I was still nervous but 70% less than 20mins before..
She informed me that I will need about 4 extractions some fillings, root work and a partial denture to replace my well worn out one.oh and a clean..
I told her I wanted everything putting right..she smiled and said that will not be a problem...Brill.
I know i have a long journey and I still have the treatment and think i will always be nervous when the dates come up...but with an understanding dentist like her the journey will be easier...I am possibly haveing 2 treatments a month due to the cost..but thats cool....
All I will say to anyone reading this who has their first step coming up is...Take that step...things have changed since the bad old days...talk to the dentist and explain your concerns...it works.....I am by no means fully cured of my phobia and may never be due to past adventures but this awesome site and the help of this lady is certainly a step in the right direction...
My next appointment is in 2 weeks I will keep you upto date and please feel free to ask questions about my first visit...
Thanks to all here who have helped me make this step..i can't thank you enough....cyber hugs to all....and a huge cyber party on me when its all done...
![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)