S
stormrider151
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2016
- Messages
- 4
This my first post and I hope it's in the right place.
Yesterday I had two front teeth extracted and was given a flipper partial. I have to say that the thing at this point is a miserable thing to have in my mouth. It's almost impossible to eat anything other mashed potatoes. My Girl friend says" give it some time you'll get used to it". And I'm sure she's right. I'm wondering how long it takes to get used to this?
What I want to do is have all the remaining teeth extracted and just go with a full upper denture. But my Dentist say's I have too many teeth. He also said eventually I will lose all of these teeth anyway. Why not just go ahead and get it over with? Seems to make sense to me. Maybe I'm just venting but thanks for listening or maybe reading is more appropriate.
Yesterday I had two front teeth extracted and was given a flipper partial. I have to say that the thing at this point is a miserable thing to have in my mouth. It's almost impossible to eat anything other mashed potatoes. My Girl friend says" give it some time you'll get used to it". And I'm sure she's right. I'm wondering how long it takes to get used to this?
What I want to do is have all the remaining teeth extracted and just go with a full upper denture. But my Dentist say's I have too many teeth. He also said eventually I will lose all of these teeth anyway. Why not just go ahead and get it over with? Seems to make sense to me. Maybe I'm just venting but thanks for listening or maybe reading is more appropriate.

Honestly, partials can be a little tricky, I know my grandmother has one and it took her a few days to get used to.