M
mps5732
Junior member
- Joined
- May 13, 2009
- Messages
- 5
Hello Everyone,
I have decided to take the plunge and try and make an appointment with the dentist. It has been about 10 years since I last saw a dentist and my teeth are in really bad shape. I grew up very poor and my parents never took me to the dentist, I finally went in my teens but never had enough money or insurance to keep up with going. I am now in my late twenties, graduated college and have a good paying job with insurance. I know I really need to go but I am so embarassed by how much I have neglected my mouth.
I have two broken molars, decay in the other molars, and my gums have receded horribly and my front teeth are loose. I know I probably have advanced periodontal disease. I am very anxious about making appointment and having strangers look in my mouth. I guess I fear what many people on this site fear; being chastised by the dentist, loosing my teeth, and the cost of saving the ones that can be saved. I think I will be okay once the first consultation is done, but just getting through that first visit is going to be really hard.
I am so anxious about going. My stomach is in knots and I feel nauseous. I feel this way just writing this message. Who knows how I will feel when I actually go...
I guess this a step in the right direction..
I will let you know how it goes..
I have decided to take the plunge and try and make an appointment with the dentist. It has been about 10 years since I last saw a dentist and my teeth are in really bad shape. I grew up very poor and my parents never took me to the dentist, I finally went in my teens but never had enough money or insurance to keep up with going. I am now in my late twenties, graduated college and have a good paying job with insurance. I know I really need to go but I am so embarassed by how much I have neglected my mouth.
I have two broken molars, decay in the other molars, and my gums have receded horribly and my front teeth are loose. I know I probably have advanced periodontal disease. I am very anxious about making appointment and having strangers look in my mouth. I guess I fear what many people on this site fear; being chastised by the dentist, loosing my teeth, and the cost of saving the ones that can be saved. I think I will be okay once the first consultation is done, but just getting through that first visit is going to be really hard.
I am so anxious about going. My stomach is in knots and I feel nauseous. I feel this way just writing this message. Who knows how I will feel when I actually go...
I guess this a step in the right direction..
I will let you know how it goes..
.
's,

![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
And the cost, while it will be a couple hundred dollars-- it isn't anything like I imagined it would be.![Innocent [smiley=angelic.gif] [smiley=angelic.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/angelic.gif)
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)