• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not sure if it’s infected or needs a filling ( wisdom tooth )

  • Thread starter Thread starter Natzuk
  • Start date Start date
N

Natzuk

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2023
Messages
258
Location
Manchester uk
Hello

So after having some of my teeth done ( a removal and fillings apparently? ) my wisdom tooth started hurting on Thursday! I can taste like a tiny bit of salt on the surface but I think it’s chipped or where they should of done a filling they didn’t and they did ask and I told them to please do everything that needs doing because it makes so poorly the ongoing issues . Now am scared again because of this ? I have an appointment on the 6th of November but if the pain continues still on Monday should I get an emergency one ?

Had a panic attack this morning am just fed up really wish I just had a full set of dentures . The pain is not great at night but I’m fine during the day and just had an ibuprofen this morning but trying not to keep taking them when I feel it doesn’t hurt just yet . I will use the salt washes still . Am I safe to wait till the 6th of November? Not sure what’s normal really regarding infection and toothache. Thanks
 
If you're still in pain on Monday go to the dentist. If you're not it can wait. Not really sure what else to add, sorry!
 
@Gordon hello .

Confirmed it’s my wisdom tooth . The gum ! Has been so painful for about four weeks but it’s okay today now . Also the tooth I had removed on the 19th of September. I’m not having dentures fitted until March now due to bone structure or something? Anyway I don’t have a few teeth on the side it was taken off which is bottom left side . Today it feels so hard like a bone feel ? It hurt when I was eating as it went on the gum even though fully healed . Is this normal until I have a denture covering the missing gaps . Thanks
 
It hurt when I was eating as it went on the gum even though fully healed . Is this normal until I have a denture covering the missing gaps .
Yes, gums aren't really meant for chewing on, so if you catch it with something hard/sharp on chewing it'll hurt a bit.
 
Back
Top