• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not sure if wisdom tooth coming in? Jaw Pain/Hard To Open

B

Blinkk

Alright so about 2 days ago it was hard to open my mouth and when i was eating it would hurt to chew, also would kinda hurt the inside of my back back bottom gums im guessing. The bottom right of my mouth is having a little bit of pain when i open my mouth, hard to open mouth fully and eat cause it hurts a little. I thought it might have been a jaw issue but when i figure out it kinda burns a little to eat kinda like i can feel my gums in this situation then i know is maybe is a wisdom tooth issue?

Thing is i go to the gym and clench my teeth a lot so im not sure if this might be an overal jaw issue, but it could be my wisdom tooth since it hurts the bottom right of my mouth to eat + my jaw.

heres a picture of the bottom right of my mouth, hope someone can help me :(

bottomright.jpg

It sounds like it could very well be a wisdom tooth causing the issue. I had sort of a similar issue with not being able to open my mouth all the way, I figured it was probably my wisdom teeth and finally had an X-ray and there they were, my bottom ones were sideways so most likely they were the culprit. I'd really recommend you try to see the dentist and get a panoramic X-ray done to see what position your wisdoms are in. It is scary to think about having them out but it's better in the long run to get them taken care of sooner rather than later. I just got mine out this week and so far it really has not been nearly as bad as I had anticipated :)

Oooh, I don't think I ever had that issue when my wisdoms came in. It just ached a ton, felt a little bit tender, and my jaw felt really tense at points. Still could open my mouth all the same though!

I would see a dentist to get some x-rays though, 'cause it does sound like wisdoms. From your picture, I can't really tell too well. TWT I'm not a dentist or anything.

Good luck! ;w; /

went to dentist, it was my wisdom tooth. the top one. He pulled it out within 10 minutes everything was done. He just numbed my mouth and thats it. I confused as to why it was so quick, i thought it takes longer, im guessing the top right one wont come back in since he pulled it out, right?

went to dentist, it was my wisdom tooth. the top one. He pulled it out within 10 minutes everything was done. He just numbed my mouth and thats it. I confused as to why it was so quick, i thought it takes longer, im guessing the top right one wont come back in since he pulled it out, right?

Oh Wow! That was easy enough! It seems so fast but they really don't take long to remove. Even having all four removed often takes less than 1 hour depending on how complicated they are.
But Nope! Since that tooth is out now you won't have to worry about another tooth coming out of there :)

Wow how nice of them to get it out just like that! :jump:

I had your symptoms as well with two of mine and after getting them out the issue DEFIANTELY went away.

So now that the nasty sucker is gone you should be free of pain. :)

Back