• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Not To Sound Rude

J

jaylord

Hello there, I have a front tooth which my dentist said will need a root canal and then a crown put over it. However I am not comfortable getting a root canal due to some of the health risks that can be involved and would much rather prefer an implant. But I don't want to sound rude to my dentist as I do like him and he is a great dentist so I don't want to say "I don't want root canal because of health risks" because that would be implying he's been putting peoples lives at risk so shall I just say I don't feel comfortable and leave it at that?

thank you.

There are no health risks associated with root canals. That said, it's certainly your choice to opt for extraction and implant or RCT. If it were me, I'd want to keep my tooth.

You can simply say you don't want a rct and would prefer an implant. I also would go for a rct as you can't beat keeping your own teeth when possible.

After saying that I am not you and as FearfulInMA said you have to make the decision you are comfortable with. It isn't an insult to your dentist asking for the implant it is you making a decision that is right for you. :butterfly:

There are no health risks associated with root canals. That said, it's certainly your choice to opt for extraction and implant or RCT. If it were me, I'd want to keep my tooth.

You can simply say you don't want a rct and would prefer an implant. I also would go for a rct as you can't beat keeping your own teeth when possible.

After saying that I am not you and as FearfulInMA said you have to make the decision you are comfortable with. It isn't an insult to your dentist asking for the implant it is you making a decision that is right for you. :butterfly:

Thank you for both replies guys. The thing is there's only like 5% of my front tooth remaining, I had a pretty shoddy dentist who done half a job on my front tooth and this tooth also has an infection (lump on top of the gum) so I'm ok with it all coming out as I already have a fake cover put on top

If you choose to have the tooth removed then that is the right choice for you, I thought you had said that your dentist said he could save it. :butterfly:

Back