• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Obituary: Dr. Jerry Gordon

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
While reviewing the dentist reviews and recommendations section today, it came to my attention that Jerry Gordon of "The Dental Comfort Zone" fame unexpectedly passed away last year, far too young.

Back in the early 2000s, there was very little information about dental phobia available online. Jerry's website stood out from the rest (it was a little different back then, but the content is still available on the new version, if somewhat more hidden). Jerry very generously allowed DFC to quote extensively from his website. For example, you can find his writing on these pages:

https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/fears/embarrassment/

https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/fears/loss-of-control/

He also never missed an opportunity to promote DFC on local news and media outlets when speaking to them.

Although I never met Jerry in person we had a number of email conversations. He was a very sweet person and really cared about making a difference in people's lives.

I like to think that Jerry not only made a huge difference in the life of his patients, but also by giving people around the world hope and encouragement.

He'll be sorely missed :cry:.

May he rest in peace.

So sorry to read this... :cry::cry::cry:

I came across his videos on yt last year at the beginning of my journey. He explains how to treat nervous patients and you can see how he listens to and treats his patients... and it was an another proof that there are kind dentists out there who really really care for their patients and are willing to listen, to learn and make any effort they can to make their patients comfortable.. and he was very young

:cry::cry::cry:

Wow.. This is really sad. I wasn't sure who he was but appreciated what was said and his legacy so I looked up his videos and now remember him when I was looking up injection videos when I was in that fear. (thankfully I have a dentist now who I'm a little better with because he's proven to be painfree as possible.. but still who likes a needle in the gum?) . who spends their time looking at dental injection videos? lol wellll.. I couldn't look for too long .. but I do remember Jerry's and he seemed always so kind and gentle with his patients. and seemed to have a great passion for caring for anxious.. RIP Jerry!! May his legacy live on in all the wonderful dentists that continue to care in this way .. !

I am so sad to hear this,our family went to him when we lived in Philadelphia near his office. Excellent dentist, he didn’t push extra Work or try to sell us anything and did the best you could to work with our dental insurance. We had only stopped going because we moved into Bucks County but about 20 minutes away. My husband has an issue with a new crown, no other Dentist seems to take him seriously so I said let’s go back to him. Great guy, great staff! This is horrible news ???

Back