• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

off drugs and ashamed and terrified to go to the dentist

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christopher810
  • Start date Start date
C

Christopher810

Junior member
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Messages
1
Location
brooklyn ny
had dental problems for years when I was younger my parents did not take me to the dentist anyways was on drugs for a long time and now I'm clean and Im having a panic attack just typing this I need to go to the dentist I'm in soo much pain and I have no one to help , well I'm just to embarrassed to even ask or get help anyone have suggestions
 
Hi. Sorry to read about your difficult situation. This forum and website can be a great source of great advice and support. I would like to share with you a video I made about fear of feeling embarrassed during a dental appointment. Hope it helps.
Fear of embarrassment during a dental visit
 
Hi @Christopher810 and welcome!

Most dentists like nothing more than actually using their skills and making a difference - that's what they went to dental school for (doing check-ups isn't actually all that exciting). So they'd be really happy to have you come through their door.

That's not to say that there isn't the occasional dentist who's a bit of an a**hole (like with any profession). Why not email a few dentists who look promising, explain your situation, and see what they say? We've collected some tips for finding a dentist here:





I hope you'll be able to find someone kind and caring who can get you out of pain soon :grouphug:
 
Back
Top