• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Offered diazepam, I declined but now I've changed my mind...

P

ParaTed

So I was offered diazepam for my next appointment to try relax me a little. I declined, but the more I think about it the more I wish I hadnt, if I've got it I can make the decision closer to the date. Questions I have are, is it too late to change my mind, can someone call up for me and say I've not decided I want it (I'm too much of a scaredy cat to call myself) Have any of you lovely folks had it before? Did it help? Thanks in afvance - Para

I took a similar kind of anti-anxiety pill (Xanax) and it helps a lot. Takes the edge off the preappointment anxiety. You still should be able to change your mind. Talk to you pharmacist about the side effects and then you can make the decision then.

Thanks, I got my other half to call them up today and ask for a prescription, they're going to send one out, that way I've got the choice either way. If I'm feeling as bad as I do right now I think up be taking them!!

Back