Razzle3
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 13, 2009
- Messages
- 520
On my last visit for the completion of the RC,
, my dentist at my request, let the qtip with the gel sit up against my gums for a good ten minutes. He saw another patient in the interim and we (dentist and I) think the topical was simply left on too long. I know my gums were starting to be like an overwet sponge. Today's visit (temporary crown) he sort of painted on the topical, waited maybe 10 seconds and then gave me 2 shots, which I very much felt. :/
Is the answer maybe painting followed by leaving qtip for a few minutes? Could that be the answer? On my first visit, the one where I had not yet overcome my fears both of him (the dentist, being there in general, and especially of the shot--so yes, good news is I am still a fan of my dentist), the gel was left in place a few minutes and worked amazingly. I felt nothing. Subsquent visits, I have in varying degrees.
StressDoc kindly explained to me last time, that the gel can be very tricky and needs to be applied/left on just so. The dental nurse this afternoon said maybe next time it needs to be left on longer.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this? Dr. Mike?
Thank you,
Mona
, my dentist at my request, let the qtip with the gel sit up against my gums for a good ten minutes. He saw another patient in the interim and we (dentist and I) think the topical was simply left on too long. I know my gums were starting to be like an overwet sponge. Today's visit (temporary crown) he sort of painted on the topical, waited maybe 10 seconds and then gave me 2 shots, which I very much felt. :/ Is the answer maybe painting followed by leaving qtip for a few minutes? Could that be the answer? On my first visit, the one where I had not yet overcome my fears both of him (the dentist, being there in general, and especially of the shot--so yes, good news is I am still a fan of my dentist), the gel was left in place a few minutes and worked amazingly. I felt nothing. Subsquent visits, I have in varying degrees.
StressDoc kindly explained to me last time, that the gel can be very tricky and needs to be applied/left on just so. The dental nurse this afternoon said maybe next time it needs to be left on longer.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this? Dr. Mike?
Thank you,
Mona