• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

one more question i think

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul386
  • Start date Start date
P

Paul386

Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
75
2 extractions just over 3 weeks now 1 side is nearly closed by the looks of it the other side doesnt look as closed but looks like its healing but not as well as the other 1 does this mean anything bad. and i looked on a website and got my self a bit more worried it said something about that at any time during the healing process you can get dry socket is this true thanks for the 10th time lol:)
 
Last edited:
It's up to 72 hours, your home and dry by miles. You are alright so you can now drink and eat whatever takes your fancy. [smiley=cheers.gif]
 
thanks got myself a bit worried there:)
 
Congrats on making it through the extractions. My new dentist is going to put a crown on my filled tooth soon and has mentioned a possible root canal. If it comes to that, I may also be opting for an extraction.
 
Thanks i have done well now i am on cider most times on a night then sometimes a day cans of energy drink coke and junk and you will be fine to you just got to be careful after a extraction for a bit:)
 
Congrats on making it through the extractions. My new dentist is going to put a crown on my filled tooth soon and has mentioned a possible root canal. If it comes to that, I may also be opting for an extraction.

Could I ask,
Why wouldn't you want to have a root canal treatment on the tooth?
 
Could I ask,
Why wouldn't you want to have a root canal treatment on the tooth?

The tooth is near my sinus cavity and from what I've read a root canal could end up infecting my sinus cavity. Plus I imagine one day I'll need dentures, so thought better to start now with the extractions. I still am not that sure of what I'd actually do. Dentures just sounds so simple. My mom and her husband really like theirs.
 
jaime I don't know how old you are but up until the last few months I had decided to have my teeth out when I got the chance, that was until a dentist fought to save a tooth of mine for weeks, I thought the way you do.

I was so fed up with being afraid of going to the dentist that I had thought when I get to chance to have teeth out, I will. I had a choice to make a few months ago, rct or extraction, I paniced and said take the tooth out, I also said I don't want to loose it but I cannot stand the rct.

After talking to me for over half an hour, and asking what I was so afraid of, another appointment was made and he advised that the rct was the way to go, and it would be okay, he would be able to do it, even with my nerves.
I had the rct and I was so grateful I had not lost my tooth, and a few days later another tooth not conected started to cause me bother, that also needed a rct. I did it again, and am pleased I did, as the teeth I do have I need.

When I was 30 I begged the dentists to remove all my teeth and give me false ones, I cried, begged, pleaded and offered money to them, but they wouldn't.

You may or may not end up with false teeth, I know people that have them and like your parents say they are okay with them, but they would not have had any choice. So when you do have to have false teeth, it is better than nothing, even though they are very good these days, from what I hear and read on here.
You cannot beat your own teeth.

These days we have a lot more choices. So think really careful before you get rid of your teeth. I never thought I would choose to save my teeth, after years of not wanting them, but I have changed my mind, and if I can save them I will.

I am probably as old as your parents or maybe older, I am 54, and pleased I found a dentist I could trust and get the work done that I needed.

I hope your treatment goes how you want, and I hope you will listen to the dentist and follow his/her advice. I wish you well with what ever you decide to do, and, IT IS YOUR DECISION. :)
 
would i be ok 2 have a few cans of cider everynight because thats what i used to do before i had the extractions or is that a bit to far for the moment:)
 
Paul386 if this is what you used to do pre-extraction, fill ya boots. [smiley=cheers.gif]
 
i plan to. and i av been doing a salt water rinse ever since the extractions is it ok to stop doing that now:)
 
Paul, you should only be consuming clear liquids for at least one year post extraction.

Fortunately, cider is pretty clear.

Salt, on the other hand, is not. And salt turns water cloudy when mixed.

So you should stay away from the salt water rinses and just concentrate on the cider.

After one year, this should be re-evaluated.


;)
 
Paul386 when do you go back to the dentist?

Have you done for 6 months now?

Are you in the UK?

I am sorry if you have said before, but I have forgotten, if you have said. [smiley=cheers.gif]
 
Paul, you have had over 3 weeks now since the extraction/s, so really you have nowt to worry about with food or drink. Saying that drinking a few cans of cider every single night isn't good for your general health. ;)
 
i went back 2 the dentist a week after i had it done and he said they where closing up nicely it might have been 2 weeks after cant remember but i am ament to have a wisdom tooth out in six months time and the dental person didnt say anything about coming back for a check and i am in the uk:)
 
jayla what you mean by that i dont get it lol:)
 
No, me neither, USA humour probably. ;)
 
salt water

hi its been a month monday since my extractions getting sick of salt water rinse do i need 2 do it any longer at this stage.
 
Re: salt water

NOOooooooo, I'm not surprised you are sick of salt water. :giggle: I did my rinsing for 6 days I think.
 
Back
Top