• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

One More Question...Sorry

  • Thread starter Thread starter punkchica321
  • Start date Start date
P

punkchica321

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
37
Okay, sorry I promise I won't make so many silly questions in one day...I was wondering, is it a good idea to start brushing where my wisdom tooth is almost coming through? I use a soft bristle toothbrush, and I don't go too hard when I brush back there because it's sensitive. So yeah, should I leave it alone, or continue what I'm doing and gentle brush it? Thanks in advanced!
 
I posted a reply to your question about the popcorn, but since you already dislodged it, I'll post something similar here, too. It's a good idea to brush that area (gently), but I would also recommend you try a WaterPik (see my other post for details about it). You'd think I worked for the company, but I'm really just a fanatic! :giggle:

The WaterPik shoots a stream of water into all the hard to reach areas (like in between and around your back molars and wisdom teeth) and works like floss. But if you ask me, it's much more comfortable and effective than flossing.

Hope this helps...

- Teef
 
Alright, thank you! I'll look into getting one, because flossing freaks me out...
 
Unfortunately, if you look at the research, the waterpik doesn't work nearly as well as floss does.
 
Unfortunately, if you look at the research, the waterpik doesn't work nearly as well as floss does.

Well that all depends on what area of the mouth we're talking about. For impacted wisdom teeth, there's no way to floss out any bits of food that may become lodged beneath the gums over the erupting teeth. That's where the WaterPik is a lifesaver!
 
Teepee brushes, cost about 50p each or less. Just as effective and a lot cheaper. If you regularly get food stuck under a wisdom tooth it needs to be removed anyway.
 
Back
Top